About Morgan Stanley:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1200 offices in 37 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients with innovative financial products and services.
Morgan Stanley Advantage Services (MSAS) has been set up in Mumbai to support the breadth of Morgan Stanley's institutional securities business worldwide. Operating since September 2003, MSAS is a wholly owned Morgan Stanley company. MSAS IT collaborates with teams globally to develop leading edge proprietary software to support business-critical functions.
About Practice Area Group:
Prime Brokerage, Funding and Finance (PBFF) Technology Group a single front-to-back organization focused on providing seamless systems and solutions. It enables the flow of information required to manage our financial resources, including balance sheet, capital, funding and liquidity.
About Practice Area:
We are a team of around 45 people spread across different regions globally (Mumbai, Bangalore, London, New York and Budapest) with majority of the team (22 people) working from Mumbai and running things locally. We are involved in providing Counterparty Portfolio Management (CPM) & Collateral Management (CMD) functions for the firm’s OTC derivative execution business and derivative/listed clearing services. Collateral Management operations (bilateral, clearing & listed) use various applications within this area to make and respond to margin calls, create & settle collateral movements, reconcile portfolios with counterparties, track disputes and provide indication and margin statements.
The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled developer to work on a suite of UI projects for collateral management. Using AngularJS and C#/.net, the challenge is to deliver a flexible, extendible UI that will leverage Java services to achieve high levels of straight-through-processing and efficiency as part of a wider program to re-engineer the platform from WPF to AngularJS. S/he will be a very talented and driven technologist who has a track record of delivering outstanding solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions are the norm.
Hands on and Architect of new applications and components using AngularJS/TypesScript
Hands on development and maintenance of components of existing systems using C#/WPF.
Senior developer for the strategic UI implementation.
Work with the business to understand use cases, functional and non-functional requirements.
Collaborating with other developers in an agile environment.
Participation in code reviews and sharing of knowledge with other members of the team.
Provide a high level of user experience through an innovative and intuitive user interface.
Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
Report progress to management and drive demo to stakeholders.
Good communication skills.
· Significant previous hands-on experience and expert on AngularJS and C#/.Net.
· Very strong knowledge of AngularJS and WPF using MVVM.
· Strong OO design skills with in-depth knowledge of object modeling and design patterns.
· Computer science background with an intellectual rigour.
· Ability to solve complex problems and a proven track record of high performance and delivery.
· Strong communication and team-working skills.
· SQL knowledge for design and querying data structures.
· Experience with one or more Source Distributed Version Control systems.
· Experience of working in financial services with knowledge of derivatives products and lifecycle.
· Good knowledge of Java and communication between UI and Middle Tier layers.
· UX Design
· Performance Tuning
· User Interface Automated Testing