Morgan Stanley's Equity Derivatives business is driving an aggressive programme of change, which will see the implementation of a new global processing platform for Vanilla and Exotic Structured OTC Derivatives, encompassing pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle processing, affirmation, confirmation, collateral management and settlement.
The role is for a highly skilled Scala or Java developer, to work on the development of this core global Equity OTC Derivative system. This will require close interaction with Sales, Trading, Quants, and Operations, globally, as well as with colleagues working on the related user interface and the database, operating within a highly agile test-driven development environment.
The role will include:
* Working with IT colleagues globally across a number of front / middle / back-end systems and teams.
* Involvement in the full development lifecycle of the project.
* Coordination with the global team on new features and driving the future direction of the system.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work closely with front office users and learn an exciting and complex business area.
The candidate should have 3-5 years of relevant experience with design and development in Java, an aptitude to understand complex trading systems and good problem solving abilities. A keen interest in the latest development tools and an excitement for technology and business is also expected.
We are looking for technologists who are looking to build the best Trading / front office platforms with design aspects catering to scalability, throughput and resilience. The successful candidate will be hands-on developer, commercially focused, have excellent communication skills, and will be able to demonstrate a strong delivery track record.
- Scala or Core Java: in-depth understanding of multi-threading, data structures etc.
- Excellent programming skills
- Experience in developing enterprise-scale n-tier applications, and working with complex frameworks & distributed environments.
- Agile exposure, TDD/BDD, CI/Jenkins
- SQL / databases experience with RDBMS
- Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux
Following skills are not mandatory, but desirable:
- Functional Programming
- Scripting languages like Python / Perl
Experience in sales and trading platforms or middle office trade processing systems in Equities / FX / Fixed Income or Derivatives domain is desirable.