We are looking for a person who has excellent Perl/Python and shell scripting skills. Should have worked in a large setup with many moving interconnected applications. As a role one needs to understand the complexity and intricacies of deployment and setup. Learn the functionality and relevant plant management and deployment tools. Be an excellent communicator as this is a global role with a need to communicate with counterparts in other application groups (different upstream and downstream dependencies) and significant need for coordination. Be responsible for coordinating integration testing with users and getting signoff for functionality. Must have skills to deal with business and speak the language required.
As a system integrator you will be responsible for deployment, making the relevant configuration changes. Looking at aspects like maintainability, scalability and performance of the system and contribute to extend and re-factor the system.
The environment is high pressure and a successful candidate will need to be able to handle competing demands on their time and manage their own work to deadlines. Flexibility in outlook is essential.
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux command line tools (e.g. grep, awk), shell (ksh or bash). Should be able to write up single line commands quickly.
- Fair knowledge of Perl, Python and shell scripting
- Familiarity with full life-cycle software development in a team environment
- Ability to work as part of large and distributed team
- Good knowledge of core concepts (e.g. file system layout, threads, processes, OS knowledge)
- Good communication skills and ability to interact well with global teams.